Photo Enhancement Tools
GIMP is best known for its simple, yet highly effective photo enhancement tools. With GIMP, you can improve your photos in a number of different ways. The following are just a handful of enhancements you can apply to your photos using GIMP.
Click on a feature below for a more detailed description and step-by-step tutorials:
- Cropping and Resizing Blow up images or shrink them down to size. You can even crop out the guy who photo-bombed you at the ball game.
- Rotating Images If you took your photo at an angle, or upside down, you can fix it in seconds.
- Teeth Whitening With GIMP you can get whiter teeth in photos with just a couple of clicks.
- Red Eye Removal You can remove red eyes from photos and adjust the color back to normal automatically.
- Changing Backgrounds Have a great pic with a boring background? With GIMP you can change backgrounds on your photos to make them look more exciting.
- Blemish Removal Get rid of pimples, wrinkles, scars, sun spots, and other unsightly blemishes.
- Noise Reduction Reduce the amount of noise present in your images manually or automatically.
The tools used to perform these jobs can be found in the GIMP Toolbox. Tools include an array of different filters and brushes, as well as transformation, selection, layering, and masking tools.
For tips on getting started with the GIMP Toolbox click here: